Caramel Lattè Crème Brûlée Recipe
1/2 cup coffee, strong and chilled
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup whole milk
2 Tbsp caramel syrup, divided
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 packet (4 oz) Southern Gourmet Crème Brûlée Dessert Mix
1 packet (0.75 oz) Caramelizing Sugar Topping
- In a 2-qt sauce pan, combine coffee, cream, milk, caramel syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add crème brûlée dessert mix and bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly to avoid scorching.
- When bubbles first break the surface, continue to boil and stir for 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and pour into four 4 oz oven-safe custard dishes.
- Let stand for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Sprinkle surface with contents of sugar packet and broil 1-3 minutes until browned.
- Drizzle with caramel syrup.
Yields 4 servings.